dadbloggit

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The first actual bike ride

We set off on Saturday afternoon with Oliver in the new seat on the back of my bike and Mimi riding in front of us.

While we were waiting at a red light, a couple crossed in front of us with their child deep within a car-seat stroller.

'How old was your baby when you first put him in that seat?' the woman asked in a familiar way.
I said that he had been a week younger than he was now; Mimi gave his age and asked how old their baby was. Nine weeks, was the reply. A little early to be thinking about bike seats.

(Later that evening I noticed that the safety notice on the back of the seat said 'Child must be old enough to sit upright attended while wearing a helmet'.)

About 2 km into the ride, Oliver started to seem very quiet and when I felt the helmet against my lower back I knew he had probably fallen asleep.



We're going to try again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home